Happy New Year! (sub-title: Let the Recruiting Begin!)
Happy New Year! Remember to write 2015 on everything (I used to say write 2015 on your checks - but who writes checks anymore).
The Job Market is Heating Up
I was reviewing ere.net this morning and found the first article I want to post for all to see:
This article by John Zappa (see http://www.ere.net/author/john-zappe/), references multiple surveys that all trend the same way - we are in a strong job market.
What Candidates Are Saying
As someone who talks with candidates daily across multiple industries and functions, we hear a consistent message:
- You are the third (or fourth) call we have received this week about a similar position.
Considering all we do is retained search and that each opportunity we work on is exclusive to our firm, this consistent comment translates into a buyer's market for candidates.
Conference Board Information
Many of you know that I follow the Conference Board updates. Here are two that further make the above point:
- LEI (Leading Economic Index for the U.S.) - http://www.conference-board.org/press/pressdetail.cfm?pressid=5347
- This gives a 3 to 6 month forward-looking view into the U.S. economy
- ETI (Employment Trends Index for the U.S.) - http://www.conference-board.org/press/pressdetail.cfm?pressid=5338
- This gives a 3 to 6 month forward-looking view into the U.S. job market
As the title says - Let The Recruiting Begin!
- Employers - let's make sure you have the right value proposition - why an employee from another organization would want to be on your team.
- Candidates - let's make sure you know what you want from your career and what the next opportunity should include for you to consider making a move.